Friday, July 31, 2009

Random Carter Quotes

A few random things that Carter has said recently.

"Mommy, you don't look so cute."
This was right after I had showered, dried my hair, and put on some makeup. I thought I looked pretty good...certainly as good as it gets for me.

"But I've had a really long day."
Said in a whiney voice when we suggested he get himself up off the floor and walk upstairs for bathtime. And by really long day, he must mean all the Lego building, car playing, ice cream eating, playing with friends day. Ah, it's so hard to be nearly 4.

"I don't like that lady as much as the lady yesterday."
In response to a women smiling at him on one of our bike tours in Berlin. Apparently he preferred a women from the previous day and didn't care if this new women heard him.

Carter is at a stage right now where he says pretty much whatever is on his mind ("why is that man brown?") and is getting quite sassy. I'm pretty nervous whenever he opens his mouth around strangers for fear that he's going to insult them. I have a feeling this will last until he's roughly 22.

No comments: