Tuesday, November 03, 2009

38 days!

It's totally official now.  We have the movers scheduled and our plane tickets booked.  We will officially be re-patriated as of December 11, 2009 at 5pm.  OK, so maybe we won't actually be through passport control and customs until closer to 6pm. 

We only have 38 days left over here.  It's a huge rollercoaster of emotions.  We are so excited to be moving home to be close to family and friends.  I'm excited to be able to shop at Target and Costco again...and even on a Sunday if I so choose.   But, there are so many things that we will miss about Germany/Europe.  The bread and the beer, for example.  And, of course, we'll miss the travel opportunities.

Oh my gosh, only 38 days. 

I have so much I need to get done. 

Aside from all of the work related stuff that I need to wrap up, we need to get our house organized.  So many decisions:  what's coming home with us on the plane?  What's going in our 770 lb air shipment?  What's going by sea shipment?  What do we need to sell / give away here in Germany (vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, iron, lamps, lawn mower, etc)? 

I can't even begin to think about Christmas shopping. 

Ahhh...I don't have time to be blogging with you people.  I've got stuff to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

38 days .... Yea !!! Dad & I are counting down.
We will be so happy to have you back.

Nana