Thursday, January 07, 2010

I Need Your Help!

I am a terrible person.  My friend Cheryl asked me to do a favor for her niece a couple of months ago.  She forwarded to me a letter from her niece which explains how she and her 4th grade classroom are collecting postcards from all around the country and the world.  There were three things I needed to do:

  1. complete a journal entry in her Travelog Journal about the city in which I live
  2. send a postcard from my city to her at her school address
  3. send the travelog journal to a friend or relative who lives in a different region of the US or another country

Easy peasy, right?  Well, I just got my box of work stuff from Germany delivered to me here in my new office in Michigan.  I opened the box and what’s there on top? 

The Travelog letter. 

THE TRAVELOG LETTER!! 

I never sent it!  I am such a schmuck.  I guess I procrastinated for so long that I just got so wrapped up in the packing and moving home that I totally forgot to mail it.  D@$%! 

Here’s where I need your help.  I am going to forward on the travelog as originally planned but I need to do something to make up for all the lost time that it was packed up in a box. 

Can you, my lovely readers, my friends and family, send a postcard from wherever you are to the following address:

Carolyn W / Ms. Hooten

Westfield Elementary

901 W. Main Street

Robins, IA 52328

On the postcard can you please include the following:

  • city, state, country where you live
  • short description of the climate
  • neat facts about your town or state

I suppose if you just wanted to send a letter instead (saving yourself the step of going out a buying a postcard), that would work, too.

Thanks in advance for helping me redeem myself.  I’m feeling pretty much like dog poo right now for letting down a 4th grader.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Doh!!! Don't feel like dog poo, it's soo easy to get busy in the urgent issues of the day and things that are not so urgent fall to the wayside. It happens to me all the time... like keeping up with my friend's blogs, and writing my own. :) Cheryl

Cheryl said...

It would be cool if people mailed Carolyn and her class fun postcards from places far away from Iowa! (Like Georgia home of Georgia Tech ;)