Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hug O’ War

I have been reading a lot of Shel Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends to Carter at night.  These are fun little poems that are sometimes just silly and meaningless. There are others that are cute and have a point.  Regardless, they bring back lots of childhood memories.

My favorite is Hug O’ War.

I will not play at tug o' war

I'd rather play at hug o' war,

Where everyone hugs

Instead of tugs

Where everyone giggles

And rolls on the rug,

Where everyone kisses

And everyone grins

And everyone cuddles

And everyone wins.

- Shel Silverstein

Do you have a favorite Shel Silverstein poem?  If so, what is it?  Or do you have a favorite from another children’s author?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor or Sylvia and taking the garbage out. One of my favorite books is the giving tree.
Nora