Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's a Small World After All

Quite possibly one of the most annoying songs every to come out of Disney, but the lyrics really ring true to me these days.

Sitting with 17 other engineers in a conference room on an old Royal Air Force Base in Gaydon, Warwickshire, England (30 min outside of Birmingham), I was one of 2 not from the UK. The other - a Swede from Volvo - leaned across the table and asked if I knew Jessica Ledger. In fact, I do. She and I worked together on the Lincoln MkS Sedan for a year. Not only did we work together, we actually had the same job and worked for the same guy. What are the odds? This Swede and I are in the middle of England for 5 days, never met each other before, or any of the other people we were with. He was recently back from a 2 month assignment in Australia where he had been working with Jessica who relocated there almost a year ago. Sure, we are all Ford Employees ...but it's still kinda crazy for a company that has over a quarter of a million employees.

No comments: