Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

OK, so I'm actually homesick for the first time. Sure there are tons of people and things that I miss in the US daily but today I'm really homesick. What did we do today to celebrate Thanksgiving? We went to work (or school, in Carter's case). Nice big turkey dinner? Sure...turkey salami sandwiches. Carter went vegetarian and had 7 clementines.

I should have slept in, watched some of the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV, and peeled some potatoes. My mom would come over and help me stuff the bird, we would stress out over the Lions game and wonder if the turkey will be done on time. That's how Thanksgiving should have gone. Instead, I reviewed our "Interior Stowage Scorecard" and ate tomato soup in the cafeteria.

So, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the opportunity to live in Germany; however, I am more thankful that my mom makes a repeat of the Thanksgiving dinner at Christmas.

PS - several people today requested more posts on the blog (that means people are actually reading this!). I will try to go back and fill in some stuff from the month of October and early November.

No comments: