Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and a Small Victory

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day. I spent a lot of time thinking about how different life would be without Carter. I have decided that all of the stress, frustration, anxiety, and sacrifices that come with motherhood (and fatherhood) can all be erased -- even if temporarily -- with a really good belly laugh from a 3 year old. Nothing makes me feel better than hearing him laugh. Though "Mommy, you look really pretty" and "I love you Mommy" come pretty darn close.

When I'm feeling guilty about working full time and having Carter spend so much time at daycare/school, all I have to do is think about how great it is when I pick him up from school and he runs across the playground to leap into my arms. If I stayed at home with him all day, that's something I would never get to experience.

I love being a mom.

PS - when Carter is a teenager, someone needs to remind me I once said this!

*****

I figured out how to get the blogger format back to having the Post Date come before the Post Title. Ugh! I'm embarassed at how much time I spent doing that and am so happy to have that behind me.

No comments: