Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Carter and His Blankie

In the past couple of days, an interesting change has occurred. I am not the favorite anymore. Instead of mommy, mommy, mommy it's all daddy now. Carter only wants daddy and will get rather upset with me if I try to step in to help Ben out. It has been a somewhat refreshing twist on things here but has also made me just a little bit sad. The other night when I was putting Carter to bed, I gave him a hug and said, "Good night. I love you. You are my best friend." His response: "Yeah, well you're not my best friend." Ouch, that hurts.

Carter still sleeps with his favorite blankie at night. It's one that he has had since he was a tiny baby. Lately he has been making a strange request. He wants a cold blankie and wants us to put it in the fridge to cool it down. On several occasions I have opened the fridge for some food and have found Carter's blanket shoved in there and forgotten.

Tonight as I was putting Carter to bed, he wanted his blankie cooled off. So I obliged, hoping that he would fall asleep in the interim. Unfortunately he didn't but when I took the blankie back to him 15 minutes later it was nice and cold. Carter said, "You get the best mommy ever award." Ah, I am back in his good graces.

So what about you...do your kids have any strange requests?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smart boy ! he knows how to handle a German summer without air conditioning.