Saturday, July 18, 2009

Woe is Me...

OK, I just got ditched by my husband and my son. A friend called and said he and his daughter were going to the Nurbergring (a famous racetrack) today and invited Ben and Carter along. They just left 10 minutes ago. I can't decide if I'm thrilled to have the house to myself or a little P.O.'ed that I wasn't invited along (I'm one of those weird girls who would find the race track cool).

What should I do with my time alone? If the weather wasn't so dismal, I would happily waste the time in the garden. But it's cold and rainy. Should I curl up on the couch with my book? I could easily spend the day surfing the web and reading various blogs. Should I attempt to make a dent in the laundry and ironing piles? Sigh...what should I do?

Hold on, the phone is ringing...

Carla - Hey Julie, what's up?
Julie (wife and mother of Ben's race track co-horts) - Did we get rid of them?
C - Huh?
J - Are the boys gone?
C - Yep. Just left.
J - Wanna go to lunch and do some shopping?
C - I'll be at your house in 30 minutes!

OK, now what was I saying?

No comments: