Friday, December 04, 2009

Help! Valium Needed...

So the panic has started to set in.  We have 3 days until the movers come.  There is so much to do.  We have work obligations, we have social obligations, we need to organize, purge, clean, pack.  I have ridiculous amounts of laundry because the idea of packing up anything dirty just makes me shudder. 
If it wouldn't hamper my progress on the afore-mentioned things, I would be drinking copius amounts of red wine right now.  And tomorrow, and the next day, and every day until we get on that plane.

Was I this stressed when we moved here?  Somehow I am remembering that I was better organized...maybe that's just selective memory at work.

Perhaps it's the added stress of moving over the holidays.  I still have Christmas and Hanukkah gifts to purchase.  Oh, speaking of gifts, I need to get "thank you" gifts for Carter's teachers. 

I've already stopped feeling guilty about not keeping up with the blog and not responding to emails from friends and family in a timely manner.

Despite the lists and piles and planning, I have never felt more scatterbrained in my life.  Probably not true, by that's what it feels like.  My brain could seriously benefit from some ADD medication right now.

If you are thinking of us at all, you should be feeling sorry for Ben and Carter for having to put up with me during this next week. I'm sure I'll be testing the limits of their patience over the next couple of days.

Fortunately, we get to fly home first class.  Hopefully during the 9 hour flight I can decompress and will be back to normal (albeit jetlagged) by the time we touch down in Detroit.

OK, now I know there's some chocolate around here somewhere...

No comments: