Monday, April 12, 2010

Lego Entryway

The first time we went to Legoland in Germany, we bought a bunch of Lego key chains.  I selected the plain bricks as my key chains, but Ben picked out mostly Star Wars key chains (and later, Carter became addicted to them).

The second trip to Legoland we came home with a key chain holder.  Ben finally got a chance to hang it up today and I made a magnetic memo board to hang next to it.

Lego entryway

To make the memo board, I bought a 12” x12” piece of stainless steel from Home Depot.  I spray painted the edges white and used Mod Podge to adhere a piece of cute scrapbook paper to it.  I applied two more coats of Mod Podge and then sprayed the whole thing (front and back) with clear coat.  It was ridiculously easy.   The Lego magnets were another Legoland souvenir.

I think it makes a whimsical, yet useful, addition to our back hallway.   Besides, I can’t think of a family better suited to have Lego home accessories. You should really see the floor of my family room! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job ! I love the way this project turned out.

michele_kotrba@hotmail.com said...

AWESOME!! Great job, CARLA!!!